Friday, October 22, 2010

Long Branch Hot Air Balloon, Music & Wine Festival

Thanks again to the Ours Kids event email, I came across this gem of an event. So after Church on Sunday, we enjoyed a beautiful drive out Route 50 to Long Branch, a Historic House and Museum in the Shenandoah Valley. Before we even entered the event, Dan and I were planning on coming back again next year. Take a look at this picturesque view of the Virginia countryside....
I had been talking up the Hot Air Balloons to Nathan. But, when I told him we weren't going to be able to ride in one, he was pretty disappointed and was not interested in going to the festival at all. But things changed pretty quickly, when he and Dan got to take a ride on a Monster Truck!!!

And they're off!!Here they come roaring up the hill.
We then explored the grounds some more and came across The Great Pumpkin!

We also spent time just lounging on our blanket, enjoying the food, weather, each other and the music.





Seriously, the DJ was spinning some great tunes and finally the music got to me. I really wanted to dance. I couldn't keep Nathan as my partner for very long.
Andrew, however, had fun doing the Electric Slide with me.

After all that dancing, while holding a 25 pound weight, it was time to rest again and enjoy the glorious day.
Honestly, it was absolutely one of the best days I think we've had. We did not want to go home, but all good things must come to an end. So the boys piled in the stroller and we headed to the car.
Oh, so you might be wondering...... why didn't you post any pictures of the hot air balloons? Well, to be honest, we did not see one single balloon. Despite how beautiful the weather was from a sun and warmth perspective, it was a bit too windy and gusty for the balloons. I guess that's something we can look forward to seeing next year.... because we'll be back next year and we'll be better prepared with our folding chairs, cooler, our IDs (so we can enjoy the wine tasting) and our dancing shoes! We hope some of you will join us for this amazing event!

No comments:

Post a Comment