Saturday, March 2, 2013

Running in Tampa

Last weekend, Dan manned the homefront solo while I headed to Tampa with my friend, Dana.  We enjoyed a very relaxing weekend reading, lounging by the pool, eating, sleeping and shopping.  But it wasn't all so restful.  On Sunday morning, the alarm started beeping at 4:30 a.m. so we could get up and ready for the Gasparilla Half Marathon.  Just a short walk from our hotel was the start line and we kicked off our run at 6:10 a.m.  The climate was tough.  It was warm (already 70 degrees at 6 am) and extremely humid (my phone said 100%).  Luckily the sun stayed tucked behind the clouds for the 2nd half of our run and we crossed the finish line (without stopping to walk).  Dana finished her 1st half marathon in 2 hours 19 minutes and I finished my 3rd half marathon in 2 hours 20 minutes.  Hurray for us!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment